Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January Choir Notes

Important Calendar Dates:
  • Friday, January 10: Last day of the term; last day to turn in late assignments; due date for performing arts observation #1
  • Thursday-Saturday, February 6-8: Mads to St. George for presentation at UMEA Conference
  • Tuesday-Friday, February 18-21: In-class performances (and qualification audition for region solo and ensemble)
  • Tuesday, March 10: Region Solo and Ensemble for all qualifiers @ Murray HS
  • Tuesday, March 17: Chamber Choir Festival for Madrigals @ Olympus HS
  • Wednesday, March 18: Term 3 Choir Concert @ HHS, call time 6:30 p.m. (ALL CHOIRS!)
Change to the Year Calendar:
  • As many of you know, I'm getting married in March! YAY! Sooooo many students and parents have been ultra supportive of me and my dating life over the years (LOL) and I wish I could invite everyone to my wedding to celebrate with me.  Unfortunately, my wedding budget won't allow for that.  So we've devised a solution: Originally, our choir banquet/term 4 concert was set for Monday, May 18th.  We are changing it to Friday, May 15th and changing the format slightly.  Here is the schedule:
    • 6:00-7:30 pm: Concert and senior awards in the auditorium
    • 7:30 p.m.-9:00 pm: Wedding open house for all choir students, past and present, to come meet my new husband and for me to say thank you and goodbye to all the students and their families who have so richly blessed my life for the past twelve years in Utah (three in Provo, nine in SLC).  ABSOLUTELY NO GIFTS! We will have yummy treats for everyone to enjoy.